Fri, Oct 25|
Silver Sands Bridle Club Inc
OCOD presents January Fast CAT Events
The Obedience Club of Daytona is hosting 6 Fast CAT events January 17, 18, and 19. The events are being held in conjunction with THREE AKC All Breed AGILITY TRIALS at the Silver Sands Bridal Club in Port Orange.
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Silver Sands Bridle Club Inc, 625 Co Rd 415, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168, USA
About the Event
ALL PREMIUM INFORMATION IS LISTED BELOW
6 AKC Sanctioned Events
Jan. 17 - 18 - 19 9am - 4pm
Silver Sands Bridal Club
625 Co Rd 415, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Friday January 17
Saturday January 18
Sunday January 19
$25 per Run
Checks payable to:
Dog Sports Unlimited
875 Tater Rd
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Checks must be received by 1/10/20
DAY OF EVENT
$30 per Run Cash or Checks Accepted
Open to all eligible dogs
Results will be official for AKC Fast CAT events
Practice runs allowed, time permitting ($10/run)
AKC rules and guidelines apply
For more info contact us at:
President: Pat Mozden
Vice President: Linda Hudak
Secretary: Chris Franczek
Treasurer: Kathy Nicastro
Chairman: Mark Avellino
Secretary: Maria Avellino
Test Committee: Frank Horvath, Lisa Liguori, Janet Berry
Lure Operators: Mark Avellino
Huntmaster: Sandy Shepherd
All Days: Registration starts at 8:30
Morning Runs: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Afternoon Runs: 1 :00 PM - 4:00 PM
Each day’s events will be run concurrently. That means you can run either of the day’s events at anytime in the morning or afternoon. If you are running in both the day’s events you will be given 2 entry tickets and your dog’s name will be added to the whiteboard indicating its run or-der. Once your first run is completed, you may have your dog’s name added to the roster for its second run whenever you feel your dog has had an adequate rest period.
Entries accepted up until 11:00 AM for morning runs and 3 PM for afternoon runs.
Roll Call Information
Roll call will be done on an individual, on-going basis. Each dog will be inspected just prior to running. Dogs will be inspected for signs of lameness, injuries, or other signs of distress. Fe-males “in season” will not be permitted to run.
Passes can be obtained prior to the event by sending a completed Entry Form (separate entry form for each event) and a $25 check to Dog Sports Unlimited at 875 Tater Rd. New Smyrna Beach FL 32168. Any forms not completed correctly or with inaccurate information will not be accepted.
Online entries available at dogsportsunlimited.com/events
All dogs entering events will need an AKC number (PAL/ILP or Canine Partner). If your dog does not have a number, you can visit one of the following AKC websites:
Canine Partner (mixed-breed) https://www.akc.org/caninepartners/enroll.cfm
PAL/ILP (purebred) https://www.akc.org/pdfs/ilpform.pdf
Day of Event Passes:
Entry forms will be available on site. Fee will be $30
We will be running concurrent events for this Fast CAT event.
Dogs must be at least 1 year old on the day of the event in order to compete.
Any persons that writes a check with insufficient funds to cover will be assessed a $30 fee per check.
There will be a five dollar fine assessed for any loose dog interfering with a dog on the course in progress.
Refunds not provided if any portion of the event is cancelled due to acts of God.
Ribbons and Prizes
Ribbons awarded for all successful runs. Rosettes awarded for titles.
Terms of Participation
- All dogs must be on a leash except for when running.
- Dogs are not permitted to run while wearing harnesses, prong collars, choke chains, or Martin-gale collars.
- No person is allowed on the field without the permission of the lure operator.
- Be considerate and pick up all dog waste and dispose of it properly.
- Sequencing of runs is based on first come first served but can be altered at the discretion of the lure operator or Field Trial Committee.
- Dog substitutions are permitted but the dog must be inspected prior to running.
- Each dog entered must be physically fit enough to run and have no known medical condition that would be adversely affected by participating in the event.
- An electronic, continuous loop machine will be used to pull plastic strips or a squawker.
- The track will be fenced.
- Light curtain gates will be used for timing.
- In the event of rain, hand held timers may be used in place of light curtains.
- The Field Trial Committee reserves the right to prohibit any dog and/or handler from the site.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for being excused from the field and possibly subject to further disciplinary action by the AKC.
- Helpful Hints
- Make sure you have your AKC number for any dog you plan on running.
- It takes 2 people to run a dog—one to release and one to retrieve. Plan accordingly.
- We have access to water at our location but still bring some for your dog, just in case.
- This location has no shade trees. Bring your own shade if you will be keeping dogs on site.
- Parking is available near the site so your vehicle can be close to the track.
- Arrive early to get your place in line.
- Release of Liability
- Neither Dog Sports Unlimited, the hosting club, or the venue operator/owner nor any of their agents, members, representatives or volunteers assume any responsibility for injuries, dam-ages, or losses that may occur as a result of participation in the event.
Friday (Regular Business Hours)
Halifax Veterinary Center
1734 Dunlawton Ave.
Port Orange, Fl. 32127
Saturday & Sunday (and after hours)
Veterinary Emergency Services of East Volusia
(Atlantic Animal Hospital)
3506 S. Nova Rd.
Port Orange, Fl. 32128
Photography and Marketing Agreement
By entering this event, I agree that Dog Sports Unlimited has the right to:
Use my Dog(s)’s image in any and all marketing material;
Use my image in any and all marketing material; and
Use my contact information to distribute marketing material to me only.
Here's the Premium
OCOD Fast CAT January 2020
Each ticket is good for one official Fast CAT run.$25.00